Re: Minecraft: accessibility, servers and mods

I am interested to see how this turns out! I would have to buy Minecraft first of course, so I can't test anything here right now, but I'll keep checking back here! And I might sign up to the Minecraft forums just to add my 2 cents over there!

One question I have, though, for people in this thread. What do  you mean by the game being too visual? I know we can't appreciate the colours of things, or making stuff look neat. I understand you'd need some way to tell how high something is and detect where possible fall hazards are, among other dangers like lava. But I can't think of anything else that a bit of coding couldn't address, like knowing how much health you have or the durability of your eq or where your animals are/how many there are.
Survive the Wild has only the basics. Among the many, many things it doesn't have are:
• The ability to farm either plants or animals.
• the ability to trade with villagers, or villagers at all, because post-apocalyptic setting.
• the ability to build out of many different materials.
• The ability to change the landscape to suit you.
• Interesting freaking enemies and loads of them!
• Multiple different dimensions with their own cool stuff!
• Crafting everything from new blocks you can't find in the world to magic potions and rad technology!

I have watched a few let's plays on YouTube and STW has nothing on Minecraft. I wanna play it soooo baaaaaad!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rings2006 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Gamulation via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rings2006 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rings2006 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rings2006 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Gamulation via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rings2006 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Gamulation via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rings2006 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rings2006 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : thetechguy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rings2006 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ManiaCs via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : thetechguy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Gaki_shonen via Audiogames-reflector