Having a hell of a time with Ubuntu

Hello.

For anyone out there who is a Ubuntu use, I need help.

So, I'm duel booting Ubuntu, and Windows. The problem with Ubuntu is that the sound will not play. I checked whether it is muted, checkedthe volumes, and I think it's the sound card that has the problem. It recognizes the sound card, (I found this out using the command line commands to check.) I even used the command line to try and force it to reload, but alas, no sound. When I plug in headphones, sound will play, but whether the  screen reader is on or off, it will not talk. Also, with Windows, there is literally no problem so it can't mean my sound card is busted since it works just fine.

What should I do?

Thanks to anyone out there who can help me, I'd prefer using the command line to figure out some way to activate the sound card so that the sound will play on Ubuntu. I'm using the latest version, the latest lts.