Re: Your choice? Would you restore your vision?

Funnily enough, I can actually use a compass and/or a map pretty well, so long as they're accessible of course. I don't tend to care about absolute north most of the time, but I get how it works and how it can be important. It also takes a really, really difficult maze, in an audio game or in real life, to get me turned around. If I'm paying attention, I can always retrace my steps if I find a dead end or get turned around someplace. And as I said, I also play chess quite well. I suspect I still have spatial reasoning issues next to a sighted person, but I suspect I'm probably at the higher end for blind folks. I don't know if I'm high enough to be an exception that proves any rule, mind you.