Re: Help me with a little Manamon 2 Fun

Well, it locks you in, so you can't switch for example.

I'm not sure. I have both Marlaunt and jagzeom on my playthrough. Jagzeom really doesn't appear to hit all that hard until level 47 when it gets dececate beam, and training him up before that point is annoying because he keeps getting progressively stronger undead moves, but they keep switching back and forth from being physical to special.

Marlaunt is good at what it does, AKA being fast and hitting physically with ghost damage. Element assault is sweet, and spirit force does the job just fine for things with only one type. Frenzied rage is fun backup I guess, though it doesn't hit anything super-effectively. Here's the thing though. Those kinds of manamon are good for offline play. In fact, pretty much everything is now. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a team that can't finish the storyline. Perhaps it could have fun in online battles with restrain, but... meh. It would probably just die afterward.

Thing is, manamon without much move coverage are still able to complete the game just fine, and the game appears to be mostly designed around that. Sure, having to train both your attack stats is inconvenient and feels wasted, but that doesn't bust the mon in question for the offline mode.
I really hope a future third generation will address the seeming lack of online diversity. 4 of my mons on this team are mono, and I'm confident they would get smashed. That's something I do want to try at some point though.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tayo . bethel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tayo . bethel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mitch via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arjan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arjan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tayo . bethel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tayo . bethel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tayo . bethel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mara via Audiogames-reflector