Android TV recommendations/experiences

Hey folks,

A while back I posted a similar question about Roku, and was talked out of it. I've had a good deal of luck finding accessibility reviews of Amazon FireTVs, but can't find anything for stock Android TV. Is there even a stock Android TV? smile

Anyhow, a few of you commented on that topic and advised going for an Android TV. I didn't respond there because I wanted to focus on Roku in that thread. But now's your chance. What Android TVs do you have, and what are your experiences?

I know this forum can't resist veering off-topic, but I'm really trying to focus away from Fire since, like I said, I've already found lots of reviews of those. I'm curious if Android TVs are pretty similar, only with Google Assistant/Play instead of Alexa/Amazon services? Is Amazon's screen reader better, worse, or just different than TalkBack? I really didn't want to have to buy into a huge ecosystem with every new appliance I purchase, hence the initial push for Roku. But if I *have* to, then I'm already heavily invested as a user and developer in Google Android, so that's where I'd like to dive further if I must.

Thanks.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : electro via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Shadow via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : revan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : revan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : vojvoda via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Shadow via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : MyDearWatson via Audiogames-reflector