Re: BK1 character build

I'm grinding through bk1 as well. I haven't quite beaten it but am getting there. At the moment I'm getting owned by the second death robot... 200 hp is just not cutting it, so will have to grind for more. Thanks Ficho for those tips, they're gonna help me a lot.

The lesson I'm learning especially with these final battles is to up your hp when in doubt, or your fitness if your hp seems fine. I'll put down some observations about stats, take these with a grain of salt.

Attack doesn't seem to do much beyond a certain point. I have half a mind to maybe cheat my stats to see how much of a difference attack makes. I'm not sure if attack simply adds to the weapon's existing power, or if it's multiplied like BK3 supposedly does it. Of course I can't easily check which one it does. But if I had to guess, attack in BK1 is added not multiplied, because on easier parts of the game, a few points of attack make a huge difference, but on later parts of the game, a few points of attack don't seem to change much of anything.

Your defense seems to be subtracted from the amount of damage you receive from hits, so with 10 defense you will lose 10 less hp with each hit. Leveling that up is fine for grinding purposes I guess, it'll certainly mean less trouble when fighting normal enemies, but it wont' do you much good against bosses since their bassline damage is outrageous. A few extra defense isn't going to help much.

Assuming I'm right about how defense works, I'd advise to get a good handle on  your hp as soon as possible, and level up your fitness if you want the hp to really pile on. That way you'll get lots of benefit from each leveling point. Only level up your defense if you're going through healing items too much. But don't depend on defense at all for bosses.

Quickness is something I level up a bit because I like to move faster. It definitely helps getting away from enemies. I'm pretty satisfied with mine being at 7 or 8; there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of need to go higher unless you want to go reeeally fast lol

And my stamina right now is at 180, which seems fine at the moment. It lets me get decent use of the buster blade before I tire out and either wait at the edges of the field to heal or use a stamina recovery item. I only level up my stamina if it seems to be running low a lot.

Hope that helps and that I'm not spewing nonsense here lol

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : targor via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ficho via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ficho via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Wilson via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Wilson via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : flameAlchemist via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aron Leppik via Audiogames-reflector