Re: learning braille music

You might also considder doing completely without it and learning by  ear instead.

I myself found  braille music to be needlessly confusing and rather arbitra arbitrary. It doens't resemble print music, it's not written on a stave but in lines of notes one after another, which also means you can't read and sing or play at the same time but need to  read, memorize and then! play or sing . Also, for some insane reason the notes aren't c d e f g a b c, but  d e f g H I j! god knows why!

To be honest I concluded myself that it was much easier to do without the thing, and have actually got on surprisingly well. After all in an age of digital recorders it's not difficult to get a melody line played, or even in a choire to just pick it up from people on our part or from the conductor, ---- althoughpersonally I'm  far more a solo  singer than a choral singer.

I have learnt music theory, and understand dynamics etc, however  for the basic learning of the melody,  I have just never found braille music necessary, and indeed at this point would find it  unwarranted distraction.

Of course I freely admit I wasn't introduced or taught braille music in a particularly good way, so this might have soured me on the experience, but I can personally say it is possible to do a heck of a lot of music without, right up to full scale operas or orotorios.