Re: SBYW, 2d map exploration game

Few. A lot to respond here. I'll go down the list.
@33 and 34.
"My point remains valid. Because people do keep coming back to SBYW. And it's unique in it's individuality. Sure, a 3D version exists, but SBYW did it first, we still have a strong playerbase, and people keep coming back."
You are valid to an extent. What you may overlook is the fact that this game has been brought down and up multiple times. What is there to say that Ivan won't do so again in the near future? Nothing.
"You're welcome to your opinion. But the fact of the matter is, you're judging a game because you're not interested in it. And, by extent, the people playing it. This strikes me as wrong. People still play it. People still love it. People showed real excitement with it's return. Just because you are not one of those people does not make the game bad."
Here is the misconception: I don't judge the game. I simply ask why. I want to know Ivan's reasons for bringing it back up rather than come up with some other, more interesting, or even less seen, concept. I point out the fact that we have seen a lot of these builders already, a lot. Is SBYW the most stable? Yes. Does it change the fact that we are just rehashing the same concepts over and over? No.
"Also, please point me to an FPS with unique concepts introduced in recent years, starting from ⠮ beginning of 2019. I'll wait."
I was speaking in more generalized, mainstream terms. If you wish me to explain exactly why people tolerate same concepts in this community I am glad to do so, just ask.
"Short follow-up post, because I forgot one more thing.
The fact people are still suggesting features to this game disproves your point that the game is running out of steam. Though sometimes, our online player count isn't high, it's consistent. People want more. People are expecting more. And under it's new developers, people are getting more."
I acknowledge what you are saying, but that doesn't really disprove my point. What I said is that we are just rehashing the old concepts without adding anything to make them different. I never said people are not interested in this game.
@35.
You seem to have a misconception along the same lines as the previous poster, that is, me telling people what they should and should not play. I do no such thing. I nearly ask for some explanation from Ivan as to why he decided to revive the game. Is it narrow-minded to express facts? Is it foolish to inquire as to the desire of releasing new version of a product which state has been officially abandoned for quite a large chunk of time?
@Dgleks, again, I sort of agree with your point. However, I think you are missing the point of my post -- to place an inquiry as to the purpose of digging up this project from its proverbial grave.
@haily_merry, I am not too sure what was the point of your post. My gripe lies not with the linear focus, rather with the revival of a project considered to be long dead.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : spiderManiac via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : spiderManiac via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : masonasons via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Dgleks via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : haily_merry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : spiderManiac via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : haily_merry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : haily_merry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mohamed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : crashmaster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : spiderManiac via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : moaddye via Audiogames-reflector