Re: gararge band on a vm?

I always felt like synth stuff could be more taxing especially when you start piling effects on top of it.
I've gotten good enough with Reaper to the point where I can do some complex routing and effects processing.
I'm sure as the person above me said orchestra libraries, guitars, etc, will bog you down in regards to RAM but I'm sure CPU could be a bottleneck also. This is one of the reasons, though not the most substantial one, why I would like to get external rompler modules and sequence them via MIDI. Less work on the computer because they're not software plugins, no DRM or inaccessibility hickups if I get stuff with all buttons and switches, and a personal preference to me a more hands on workflow. Yeah I'll need a lot of i/o, a problem I'm still trying to solve, but if it really comes down to it I can just get a large mixer and patch stuff in. I just wish I had more space.