Re: My problem in C

You want to compile with clang-cl which is at c:\program files\llvm\bin, which you can add to your path.  This uses the switches that cl.exe (Microsoft's compiler) uses and injects all the stuff Microsoft's headers expect, but actually calls clang.

I don't use VSCode for compilation, though I do use it for everything else.  I managed to break it in Synthizer, at least for the time being, and in general larger projects will use build systems that VSCode has trouble with (here's hoping CMake one day works properly).

You can at least edit files in WSL with VSCode.  I don't know how.  I've been told it's either code path-here or vscode path-here for a single one, but it does also support entire workspaces in that environment.

In general I just use a terminal, but as long as you don't do what I did and mix Clang and MSVC extensions in the same project, VSCode will give you errors lists and autocompletion without having to build.  It takes a little doing; you'll need to install and read the manual for the C++ extension.