Re: The Vale (final?) Demo

@29 I mean, I get what you're saying. But we've had a bunch of demos of this game already. If the point is to show something off, then it seems respectful to those of us who have already sunk time into playing previous demos to tell us if anything is different, and what to look for. That, or just don't release another demo, and sink that effort into finishing the game.

As a developer myself, if I release a new demo of something, I at least tell folks what has changed so they're not redownloading and replaying the same thing again and again. Just makes more sense to either stop producing demos and finish the game, or to release the demo alongside the changelog. This whole "maybe I'll tell you what's changed in a few days if I'm able" thing feels a bit odd. Why *wouldn't* we be able to get an official word on what's different? Some of us don't have hours to game each day, so knowing that combat or navigation is different might inspire us to give it a shot if we otherwise wouldn't have. I actually stopped the demo an hour or so in and lost my progress, so knowing for instance that there's a simple save system might inspire me to give it a shot again. Otherwise, I'll just keep replaying the same hour and getting interrupted by life.

That said, I'll be holding off on playing this again. I just wish we got official changelogs, rather than ones that are fan-produced. It's their process and their decision how to run it, but I at least wanted to note that the lack of refinement might be pushing away more casual gamers who don't have time to dig into each and every demo of each game we get.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : black_mana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : abdallah via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Juliantheaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Berenion via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jimmy69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : jimmy69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : FallingSquirrelGames via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Computergamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : FallingSquirrelGames via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tayo . bethel via Audiogames-reflector