Re: Improving your Chess

I'll be honest and say I don't know the first thing about all these different attacks/openings  you are all mentioning, and right now, in all humility, I don't care.  I think it's just not worth it at this stage in my chess career or lack there of.  I mean, if you understand the fundamentals of all these openings and how they might benefit you, the mechanics behind them and whatnot, sure, go right on ahead.  Otherwise, they're just a load of complex preparations you memorize, and all that memory is getting in the way of winning.  I like to watch the pieces and examine the strengths and weaknesses, the vulnerabilities created by moving something somewhere else and the sacrifices you sometimes have to make just because of those vulnerabilities you create.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : smoothgunner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dark Eagle via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : victor01 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : AlexN94 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ficho via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rastislav Kish via Audiogames-reflector