Re: Accessible games that can be played on Linux without wine.

Hello,
@8: I'd say, that it highly depends on what you want to do.
For example, I don't know about any accessible and usable sound editor. Audacity has some accessibility, but I don't like the editor in general, and I doubt software like Reaper is accessible on Linux. It's not like I tried, but... I would be really surprised, if it worked.
However, if you're a developer, that's a completely different story.
Many development tools such as git, docker or make are run from command line, which is accessible. General text editing with Libre office or some variant of notepad is also accessible and there is even an accessible ide - VisualStudio Code, which is very popular among sighted developers.
The core of VS code is in Electron, so the accessibility shouldn't be going away any time soon.
When we're talking about web, Orca + Firefox combination is on my laptop much faster than Nvda + Firefox on Windows. The browsing experience is very smooth, as a developer, I'm often surfing the net to find answers for many questions and I didn't see any accessibility or speed problems.

I'm not saying of course, that Linux is an ideal OS with no issues at all. Yes, even Linux has its problems. I spend two days trying to connect my bluetooth headphones, just because the gui version of bluetooth manager didn't want to connect them for some reason.
Although, interestingly, now as I think of it, I spent may be even more time connecting the same headphones to Windows. The problem there was, that after pairing, it was required to enable them as an outpud bluetooth sound service or something like that, on a quite hidden place, with setting I've never seen before and even the technical support didn't have a clue about it.
But anyway, the Linux version was somewhat more general, and if one encounters such a problem, there is no other way but sit down and try to solve the issue.

For some reason, the environment I'm using after booting seems to get randomly completely inaccessible. If it's in good mood, it starts without problems, if it's not, then I have to restart it few times to get it working.
And if I have headphones connected to my PC while booting, there is no sound on the login screen for some reason, so I don't know, whether I can type in my password or not.

So yeah, there are issues. But I wouldn't call the whole OS as workarounds stuck together. It's simply a system with its problems, in the same way as Windows is an OS with its own problems.
Just take a look on Microsoft support forums, I can guarantee you they're not empty. big_smile
It wasn't long time ago, when an Windows update was deleting files of people, and when MacOS after clicking on Show password hint on the system's login screen showed the expected password.

Well, no single thing is perfect, whether it's human or a piece of technology. smile

Best regards

Rastislav