Re: Another series I've rediscovered

@Camlorn, again this is probably where either my reading them with me having the flew, or me not taking them too seriously kicks in.
Usually, I'm the first to jump on authors for shallow characters and convenient contrivances in plot, but with Artemis Fowl, I honestly didn't remember much of the plot or characters after finishing them until I got to the lost colony and the demons.
I remember lots of cool chases and tech, and Holly and Root's interactions, but if you asked me to mention a significant event involving characters like Opal or the russian Maffia, or basically anyone introduced after the first book up until lost colony I would struggle, though of course how much of this was my flue addled brain I am not sure big_smile.

Contrast this to Harry potter where I was jumping on later books sentence by sentence and basically reread books 1-3 straight through after finishing them the first time (bok 4 wasn't out then), even though Rowling isn't anymore gifted in description than Colfer and I can see the contrast.

Again, since I started writing moderately serious book reviews, this is another reason why i probably ought to get around to redoing, and finishing  the series.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheEvilChocolateCookie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheEvilChocolateCookie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : jimmy69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheEvilChocolateCookie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheEvilChocolateCookie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Warcat via Audiogames-reflector