Re: complete full oboontoo mate tutorial request

Hi there,
@17: Tails is accessible, isn't it? I didn't try personally, but they have an accessibility page:
https://tails.boum.org/doc/first_steps/ … ex.en.html
i would be more interested whether Qubes OS is accessible. Its idea of creating sandboxed environments with configurable privileges on one host with focus on security seems just like what I would like to have, But I don't have a slightest idea whether accessibility in such environment is even possible. smile
Like... it is definitely possible, but... you know what I mean, whether it's reasonably implementable, if it doesn't work already.
I want to try it out, but i needed to get a bit more familiar with Linux first, so I kept this experiment for later.

@18: I'm not a hardware expert, so feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, but I thought that devices such as toys for example have their whole OS written in a ROM, which technically behaves like OS in sense that it connects processor with RAM, but you can't for example rewrite the program, you'd have to insert a new chip.
Of course more complex devices like cashpoint machines can contain a whole system on a more-like PC structure, that is a complete OS.

Technically, by shell, I meaned any kind of layer allowing human to control a running operating system. Wikipedia has a nice article on this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shell_(computing)

Gui and Cli are the most common-ones, but you can make any kind of shell, the only condition is, that it has to allow user to control the system somehow, otherwise the OS can be considered autonomous.

Best regards

Rastislav