Re: file packer other than lucia's file packer

@11
that's not what we're talking about.  I don't have copies of the language on hand, but typically they use the word synchronized.  The idea is "they better not be able to get our sounds out as originals".  This is, obviously, entirely incompatible with writing a game, and yes, I have seen it on sound libraries specifically aimed at games in the past.  It's like the sound library/music industry equivalent of "we will have cryptography backdoors and also be safe from all the evil thieves": you can't explain why it's impossible, no one is willing to trust experts these days, so everyone thinks it's a great idea.  I'm not sure if there's specific legal guidance and/or precedence as to just how much is good enough here.  I haven't looked.  But I suspect it's like the GPL, in the sense of never having been seriously tested in court.