creating status sounds in python

Hello,
I would like to know how NVDA controls and creates its little beep sound for mouse movement and status reports?
I would like to put something similar in one of my games to indicate HP, but don't want to have 100 .ogg files unless I really have to.
I was looking at pygame's built-in midi support, but it looks as if midi is kind of complex to port to linux.
Does anyone have any ideas on what I could do?
So just in summery, I would like a tone to move up and down in pitch based on the percentage of the status bar I create. So if the bar is at 1% it will be really low pitched and if it is at 100% it will be really high pitched.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : SoundMUD via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : SoundMUD via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : CAE_Jones via Audiogames-reflector