Re: Cytolk, cython extension over the tolk library

@18
You can get the dlls in the wheel, and I think you can even get Cytolk loading them from the extracted directory if you tell Tolk where they live.  But you probably can't get Pyinstaller to pick them up without adding a hook on the Pyinstaller side.  Which is actually very doable, but is something you would have to do a pr against Pyinstaller for.  I don't know the full procedure, I've only read docs, not actually done it.

I would suggest a function like cytolk.copy_dlls(path) that copies the dlls to a directory of your choice.  You could even go so far as installing a command with cytolk that calls it.  This would let people script their distribution processes with a  couple line .bat or something to that effect.

@21
It's not possible to load a 32-bit DLL into a 64-bit process.  This will crash.  My guess is both got copied into the distribution but only one was used.  That, or they're quite misleadingly named.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : visualstudio via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : pauliyobo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : haily_merry via Audiogames-reflector