Re: Honeygain, actually not a scam

@kjsisco
You realize a big part of my point and the points of others is that the far end of this thing is almost the control node of a botnet if it's not already and that they're a valuable hacking target for that reason?

"It doesn't install malware" when it itself is barely this side of the malware line by the nature of what it does is, as usual with your arguments, entirely missing the point.

@Meatbag
I care that Google knows this stuff about me.  But unfortunately it's the nature of the modern world that someone's going to.  Google, at least, has a lot riding on not being hacked, and a lot of expertise.  Unfortunately the only way around that is to start running your own infrastructure for basically everything, and using something like Duckduckgo which is way worse quality.  And you'd still be leaking stuff because of all of the tracking pixels.  So then you install a tracking pixel blocker, and then half the web sites go "haha you can't block ads, disable it", the other half have server logs, it's just a never-ending battle that you can't win, the best you can do is be careful about who has your data.

But even then, Google isn't actually in the position of being able to intercept all your internet traffic because you installed their internet traffic proxy on your device and gave it permission to do so, and if they tried something like that with Android there's enough eyes on them that we'd all know in about a day if not less.  There's a huge difference between Google search keywords and tracking pixels, and what honeygain is able to grab.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kjsisco via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kjsisco via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : thetechguy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : shuteye via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Meatbag via Audiogames-reflector