Re: a small concern about the public record of disciplinary action

No, Simter, that's not how this works.

You have at no point apologized for your accusations. You have at no point apologized for implying that we're trying to hide things when we aren't. You have at no point acknowledged that anything you have done is wrong. Basically what you did was say a bunch of hilariously inaccurate stuff and then put your head down when you were challenged. Silence is not the same thing as admitting you were wrong or agreeing that your approach was bad.

See, here's the thing. If someone comes to me with a question, I try to answer it, but the efforts I'll go to usually depend on how it's asked. If you ask the question in such a way that you truly want an honest answer, then that's fine. If you don't really ask a question at all, but instead try your best to make the person you're talking to defensive, that's a great way to get exactly what you want in that sense.
Pretty much since the start of this topic, you've been attacking in bad faith. You've implied that things are fishy. You've claimed that my not providing links is an indicator that I'm trying to hide my moderation decisions, or that I don't want to discuss them (never mind all the evidence that torches your point on this score, we've already discussed it). You've implied that even after I began providing links, it only validated your theory that I was hiding or obscuring info in the first place. You also took my frustration as justification, the "ooh, I got under his skin, I must be right" angle. You never stopped to consider that I was annoyed with you because you were taking things out of context, putting your spin on them and then acting as if what you speak is gospel truth.

Look; I get enough attitude like this from Donald Trump and his supporters (not personally in Trump's case, obviously), so I certainly don't need it from you, too. You stir up a whole bunch of false bullshit for what reason I still don't understand, get challenged, put your head down, then act aggrieved when folks haven't let it go? No sir, that's not how this is going to work. Quite obviously, people following you around and bullying you about this isn't cool, so I'm not going to do that. But if you open your mouth and say things, you're responsible for those things. If you annoy people, and they offend you because they dare to smack down your arguments, I think you're just going to have to live with it.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : JayJay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Simter via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Liam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Simter via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : JayJay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Simter via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : supremekiller via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : supremekiller via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : supremekiller via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : supremekiller via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : supremekiller via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Nocturnus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : omer via Audiogames-reflector