Re: Kenshira Plays: Audio playthroughs and demos of mainstream games

Hi, everyone! Its a new week, which means that its time for a new game. Today, I'll be drumbing my way through some of Rhythm Tengoku on the gameboy advance.

First of all, let me start by saying that I want to keep this thread focused on titles that I own in one form or another. That way, you guys get the authentic consumer experience and reaction from me. Today, however, I'm going to make a very big exception for rhythm tengoku, because it changed my life as a gamer back in 2012, and completely sold me on the series, causing me to buy every english release that came after, including 3 purchases of rhythm heaven megamix. To that end at least, this game serves its purpose, so if you like what you hear and are one of the few who are unfamiliar with the rhythm heaven series and have a wii or 3ds, please consider picking up one or more of these games, whether it be rhythm heaven gold on ds, rhythm heaven Deaver on wii, or rhythm heaven megamix for 3ds. With that out of the way, let's begin the show.

Rhythm heaven, known as rhythm tengoku in Japan, and rhythm paradise in europe, is a series of rhythm games published by Nintendo, and developed by the same people behind the Wario ware games. The games have you play through a set of songs built around minigames, complete with audio cues to guide you on yoir way, and you unlock plenty of extra interactive goodies as you progress. Thus, I'm going to be showcasing a sampling of some of those goodies in the first game as i work my way through a few drumbing exercises, then take my skills live. I will conclude the demo by playing through the Bondfire Dance, which is my absolute favorite song in this game..

rhythm tengoku drum demo

Although rhythm tengoku was only released in Japan, there is an unofficial english patch called rhythm heaven silver. If you use a text editor to open the patch, it is possivle to fully read the english text for each section of the game without having to resort to ocr.

I hope you enjoy this half hour demo. Dince the last few weeks have featured games by Japanese developers, i will do a piece on a western developed game next week. Thank you all for tuning in.