10 years of playroom!

Hello all,

I have released this evening a new program to play card games online in an accessible way.
I have called this program the playroom. Yes, that's a room where you can play games, hance this very simplistic name.

Ten years ago, smart was the one who could predict that the above innocuous lines would launch a small revolution in the world of accessible gaming.
In any case, if you told me so at that time, I would have found you completely crazy.
Think a little, just a tiny card game! I belief I would draw interest of no more than a couple casual players. I was far from imaginating that it would go to that huge extent, and even less that it would be so fast!

I think I shouldn't go red about the term revolution: beyond a simple game, the playroom has become a true city.
A city with people coming in and going away. A city with those who live there, and those who only pass or stay for a while.
A city with its good stories, its less good as well. But a city who live, day and night.

Today, the playroom is ten years old!

If this big city has been able to flourish, that's because of everyone.
Wheter you have contributed to this great adventure in a way or another, be it as an administrator, helper, translator, quiz validator or writer, we would like to say you a great thank you for your support, or simply for your faithfulness presence. Without you, the playroom wouldn't be anything.
WE also need to warmly thank all players, yes, you! You have carried on games one after the other. You have shared good times and fun laughs. You have created or participated to tournaments. You made us be known, to your near friends as well as everywhere around the world, without ever the need for us to praise or advertise. You have all built up this platform together and keep making it live. Really, you deserve a great thank you king size!

This message is perhaps the occasion for those who hardly or never come to our forum to express yourself about what you liked, what you liked less, what you imagine for the future of this universe, or maybe to share a few small funny anecdotes.
Our forum stays the privileged way of communicating, but we can certainly make a small exception for a while in order to celebrate this decade, can't we?

We will of course have the occasion to share this soon around a virtual table.
Given that our respective personal lives are much more full than in 2010, no date hasn't yet been fixed for a special event. Be sure that there will soon be one, though. We must celebrate it!

What's the future is going to be on our beloved platform?
At short term, a small surprise. At the moment, I can only tell you that ducks are implied (No no, don't call ASPCA, I only talk about ducks for bath, obviously!)
At middle term, a 3.0 client entirely made from scratch, and the concretisation, I hope, of what I started five years ago. No, I haven't forgotten, I only took bad directions and I lose my way. It can happen to anyone!
And at long term, I don't know. Maybe one day there will be a client for Mac, for iOS, a nicer interface for sighted people, or maybe none of all these. Nobody knows. Maybe we will need to wear a mask to come in the playroom, who knows?
Smart is the one who know where we are going to be in 2030, especially with the general uncertainty and the deep questionnings we are all living right now. What is sure, though, is that we will continue to do our maximum to preserve what have made the playroom a success until now. The best shouldn't change!
Let's talk about it again in ten years?

Thank you very much everybody, and long live the playroom!
Happy birthday!