Re: a few audio gaming/programming questions

It would be interesting to have this in another thread! Sound libraries is kind of a near and dear thing to most audio game developers for some strange reason and I always thought that if I could manage to learn C++, OpenAl would give me something that was much much better than the left and right speaker control I get with pygame...
But that is totally a different topic!
I would say that python is probably where you want to go. It is super easy to build single thread text based games in python (You can probably build a pretty good one after a couple hours of learning the language), and multi-threading is super easy as well. In fact, depending on how complex you would like your multi-threading to be, it is only 5 lines of code at most and most of that is opening and closing the threads...
I would say to look at pygame once you are very very very comfortable using classes and dicts.

What do people want?
An RPG would be nice, but I wouldn't touch one of those till  you have created several other games first!

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : joshms123 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : CAE_Jones via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : camlorn via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : ianr via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : camlorn via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector