Sound Libraries

Because this is such an important topic for audiogame developers, here is a thread so we can discuss them!

Here is the list of sound libraries I know and their license, if you know more please post them and I can add it!
OpenAL Soft LGPL
Bass Free for free games, $125 for one small game, $950 for high-budget license for one game and $2950 for unlimited games
FMOD Free if you don't wish to sell your games, many many different licenses based on what you do wish to do and what product you use.
Audiere LGPL
Direct Sound Is only on Windows and comes on every windows computer (I think)

I'm not sure if I should put this, but there is the small library that pygame u ses that is from
SDL zlib license

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : camlorn via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : Aminiel via Audiogames-reflector