Re: Graceful way of handling Git merge conflicts?

WSL is super easy to setup and it interoperates with windows command prompt and power shell super well.

I usually work just in cmd prompt, but if I need to do some stuff that is much easier to do in bash, I will drop into bash just by typing "bash". I will do whatever stuff I wanted to do and then I can drop out of bash back into cmd prompt just by pressing ctrl + D.

git works much better in bash than cmd prompt or even power shell because of much smarter auto completion.

for example if you are typing :
git add

then when you press tab to auto complete, it will only give you suggestions for files that have been modified or new files that aren't in .gitignore.

another example, when typing:
git checkout

the suggestions will include things like branch names, which is particularly useful as those can et very long.