Re: monthly chat September 2020

Well I just had a rather fun experience.
I booted up Amazon (which I have to say has been quite a good friend over the lockdown period), in order to buy some speciality chocolate.

Getting to the checkout I suddenly notice two items in my shopping basket instead of one!
What!

I check the shopping basket to be informed by Amazon that as per my request, Alexa has added a magic llama to my order.
Yes, a magic llama!

I do not recall requesting a llama, or indeed any sort of domesticated mountain goat, or in fact any goats at all and while I appreciate the fact that Amazon, obviously knowing my liking for magic would attempt to furnish me with a llama specifically imbued with mystical powers, since I did not in fact order any Llamas at all I still had to remove this item.

In fairness, the item in my shopping basket turned out to be a book not an actual llama, which is a bit of a relief since I dread to think what sort of fuss a Tibetan goat would have caused at a warehouse in England, much less how they planned to get said Llama through my letterbox (unless that was why it was a magic llama, one with the power to change size at will).

What is worse, is though I did manage to successfully remove said item from my amazon order, I could not convince amazon that I had not actually told Alexa I didn't want any mountain goats today!

When I clicked on the radio button labeled "alexa got this wrong", I was imediately faced with another dialogue box telling me "Very welll did you want something else! followed by a long page of llama related items.
there seemed no way of convincing Amazon that no, I did not in fact want any llamas! magical or otherwise! Luckily as I said, I completed my specialty chocolate order free of Llamas, but I'm more worried that a multinational coorporation seems apparently so desperate to sell me random Asian livestock!

I suspect this is all part of a secret plan to make Earth into the planet of the Llamas! big_smile.