Re: Internet Archive sued by the publishers.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that this case is going to hold up in court when all is said and done because, as was previously said here, there is no proof they were doing anything illegal. I also do agree that it is actions like this that causes people to go and download things illegally in the first place. This same thing hold true for the music industry. The artists get a very low percentage of the profits on the albums that they sell because the bulk of those profits go to the record labels. That's why artists have to tour for most of the year. If they didn't they wouldn't be able to go very far on the profits they actually get from sales. Also, the internet archive has never sold anything that they offer. If they were doing that, then I'd have to say that there would be a very strong case. However, since they are not then they can't be nailed for that.