Re: Shades of Doom Version 2.0 Public Beta Released

A few things:
I notice no difference with the sound as compared to the old version; whatever was changed in terms of sounding 3D is something I can't notice.  I can't quote the specific equations off the top of my head, but the entire panning algorithm in both versions feels odd for lack of a better word.  I can't aim manually with it and I used to be pretty good at Swamp.  Perhaps the weapons are too unforgiving or something; nevertheless.
I also dislike the new voice greatly.  Bring the old one back-it fit the atmosphere much, much better.
And one thing that Shades of Doom needs is navigational info.  Carpet some of the hallways for example.  Name some of the rooms ("office b5", "maintenance corridor"), maybe even add text descriptions.  The environment is empty.  Completely empty.  I'm in a military base, not an oddly square cave system with random fans and coffee machines (" ;you are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike" comes to mind and is really quite accurate).  I should not need the visited keystroke to navigate a military base-there should be enough variety that I can remember I've already been to the missile silo on this level, and [[wow]] I just hit the main corridor again-look at the carpet-or the atrium-say hello to the fountain.  Maybe I'm too critical, but this is my first thought related to content rather than interface when playing Shades of Doom.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : camlorn via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : patjk via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : patjk via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : patjk via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector