Re: Accessible hangman for iOS is here!

A few things I don't like. First of all how words can be uncommon. Yes this is a thing with digital variants of the game, but on level 1, who would think of a word like, "sept". I get the point of the game is to make you think of words in a different way, but I don't know how you're ever going to get there without a bridge.

Secondly, I don't like how when you mess up, you go back to level 1. I would have preferred a system where you do so much in one level to unlock the next, but you still retain it even if you mess up. Or maybe have a scaling XP loss for failing to solve a word. Basically, this is the type of game you don't just sit there for hours and play. Maybe you give it 15 minutes at a bus stop or the crapper here and there. I don't think it's good to lose your progress on one failure.

I don't like that the game essentially takes the hang man out of Hangman. You just have a certain number of attempts and you're done. No pictorial representation of your dude and no removing body parts. This is a fun aspect of the game that I wish would have been implemented, as it represents your impending doom in a more concrete way than just a number ticking down per each bad guess.

Also, and this one's fairly minor, I wish that at the start of the game, the number of letters in the word would be announced. I notice that they tend to be when you move on after passing a round, but it would just be a nice quality of life thing.

Another thing that would be good to have is playing games with a particular theme. That is, playing games where the words therein are based on a theme. Holidays, Pop culture, music, etc.

It's a decent little game, and what's there does seem to be reasonably well-polished. I just wish it had a bit more to it to give you the hangman feel. I do think it's worth the money if you like that type of game. You can definitely find moments to sneak in a quick round or two and if you stop, it will offer to resume your previous game, rather than making you start over again, so that's good.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ivan_soto via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : drg via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : liseo via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Appleman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Appleman via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Angel via Audiogames-reflector