Re: How can I get input using SDL without this strange edit box popping up

I feel like it's a bit more serious than that.
My example has a menu. Every time you press enter on a menu item, or press escape to close the menu, this edit box thing comes up. Since it blocks the arrow keys but not the enter or escape keys for some reason, you have to alt+tab away from the window, then alt+tab back to continue scrolling around in the menu or what ever you were doing.
This doesn't seem to be noticeable with sapi though, it works as intended in that case.
I'm starting to suspect this isn't the on-screen keyboard at all, since I don't have it enabled, something more along the lines of SDL_SetTextInputRect