Sounds in .dat format?

Hello,
I noticed that a few sounds, like those in the game "screaming strike", is in .dat format. How do i listen to them or even extract them? When i try to press enter on those sounds, a windows dialogue box will pop up, saying windows can't open this file. I even tried using GoldWave to open them, no luck. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Best regards,
Kenzon