Re: What do you think about the Corona virus conspiracy theories?

@Jayde, I do get it.  I don't like it, but I do get it.  At the end of the day, neither one of these guys really strikes me as the right decision, but one of them, at least, stands out as having been given a chance for the better part of four years already and, even if I could point to like, say, 2 or 3 things I feel he's done well, there's a host of things he's done that are wrong which far exceed the goodness.  It only takes seconds, really, to destroy anyone's trust, so while signing something into being may only have taken minutes to do in the case of Trump, the consequences and reactions of it will be felt for years to come.  The same holds true with his inflamatory commentary, his less than professional conduct, his blunt meanness.  Going back through history, I cannot ever remember a president being so publically childish, and how anyone can make excuses for such immaturity is beyond me.  For all of the above and more, I just cannot support any of it, and while the other guy seems less than ideal, I'm certainly not looking for perfection in a man.  To me, Biden just feels like a somewhat more left leaning version of Bush Junior... A bit less conservative, a bit less family values oriented, a bit less of a lot of things I'd like to see in a president, but a lot more compassionate and with a greater heart than Trump, and that's what I care about.  While it's true that you cannot truly judge the inside of a man by what he does outwardly, you cannot turn a blind eye to a man when he's being outwardly self-serving and abusive to people around him, either.  Trump had four years to apologize to the American people; he has failed.
Regarding Corona, There's a lot of me that says that eventually Covid will become like any other cold virus we have, able to stay as contagious as it is but affecting us with less lethality.  I'm no scientist though, so while I believe the way forward is to simply go about our daily business and let this thing run its course (it can't kill us all or it has no breeding ground,) I also know what the ramifications of such a course of action are, and they're not pretty.  This is where practicality and pragmatism lose their appeal because they're just cold.  To say that we should go about our day is to say the strong ones will survive and the weak will die and lets all have a party in the end because we managed to get there at the expense of millions of lives lost and we didn't kick the bucket!  We're awesome!
I sadly don't see the end in sight, because in my mind, you can't really kill something that isn't really alive, and I'm not going to pretend that voting another guy into office will bring it about, but, and bringing this back around full circile if I may, bringing in another guy who is at least willing to listen to you?  Well, that's like the difference between being depressed and sitting in an office with a psychologist who tells you that all the sadness you feel is your own fault, and the stereotypical everyone thinks he's crazy uncle who comes over during the family reunion and pulls you aside and away from everyone else, listens to your story about depression and goes, "Well, what do you think we should do about it?"  The Uncle may not have the answer, but I'd prefer his sympathy and empathy to the destructive bullying of the guy with the bucks and the fancy office, because the uncle may also know someone who can get it right.