Re: Disability versus ability

Thing about "person who is blind" is that you've just shifted it from being defined as the blind person to now you're the person where everyone who has been taught this has to remember that you're not the blind person but the person who is blind.  Which, I mean, if I can think of something more self-defeating I can't do it offhand.

Maybe it'll eventually change language and maybe that matters, but if we change language so that it's the noun who is adjective, we've not changed anything--the person who is tall, the person who is short, the person who is blind, we're right back where we started, it's just now the rule that we write adjectives that way in this hypothetical future, but people will still have adjective-first thinking.