Re: What do you think about the Corona virus conspiracy theories?

O no, don't get me wrong. I think that the Chinese people are effectively victims.  And the politics behind all this is really subtle, sure, because you don't want to do harm to the people when the government is the problem.  But the thing is, look at North Korea.  You let governments do whatever and play nice with them when they're all about the no freedoms of the citizenry and let's rewrite the past, then you wake up one day and everyone's scared to do anything to them because they've got enough bioweapons to devastate the planet and are just insane enough to use them.

I don't like Trump's stance on China because Trump is using them as a scapegoat and ignoring all the actual problems, but I do think that in this instance the whole rest of the world should really being doing a lot more "You know, human rights violations, have an embargo" or something, because in general by the time the world as a whole cares it's "We care, but if we do anything world war III" or whatever  and it's too late and we all end up living with it.  Fortunately, China's government is run by sane people at the moment, wrong, arguably evil but sane people, but it's so easy for that to change.