Re: Kenshira Plays: Audio playthroughs and demos of mainstream games

Hey, everyone! Its a new week, which means that its time for a new game! Today, I'm trying to fight my way through the king of fighters 97.

Its been a busy last few days, with hardly a second to rest between an uninterrupted recording session and editting, but i finally have a few minutes to myself, so i present you with my best attempt at King Of Fighters 97. First of all, I was a capcom kid growing up, and probably the only snk game I played during their prime in the 90s was samurai shodown on the snes. Thus, I didnt get to play any of the king of fighters games until someone gave me a copy of kof99 on the sega dreamcast, and man did the game's boss give me a headache! My experience with the series after that was relegated to the ex spin-offs that came out for the gameboy advance in the early 2000s and kof 2002 and 2003 on the xbox. It was not until much later when I got the king of fighters collection for the psp did I get to play any of the games before 99, and it was really something special to see how the games evolved with each new entry before snk fell and was revived by playmore. Another deckade later, and people ar still playing those old games from over 20 years ago online with each other.

This is a testament to the quality of the games, that it has withstood the test of time all these years later, with kof 97 and 98 being the best in the series that decade has to offer. Today, you can still purchase kof 97 on the pc and ps4, who's version is cross buy and cross play with the vita version. You can still find people to play against online, and the game uses rollback net code. At first I was hesitant to get this game because I already had it in the collection. However, i did not know that you could play in single matches until i watched someone do just that. When I finally bought the game and saw that it had more than one single player mode, online play, its own set of unlockables and a trophy list, i did not regret my purchase, and now kof 97 is one of the games i fire up frequently when i have a few minutes to kill. It doesn't have a training mode, but that doesn't bother me because you can train in all of the games within kof collection. If that one interests you as well, you can buy it on the ps4, and i heard that that version lets you switch between the neo geo and arranged soundtracks. In the demo below, ull give myself 3 credits to make it as far as i can in single matches within kof97, with aiori as my character of choice. How far will I get?

Click here to find out!

I hope you guys enjoy this week's game. This week also marks a significant milestone  since we now have over 3 hours of audio mainstreaming demo content, so if you're new to the Kenshira plays thread, feel free to go and check out those prior recordings, which should be up. That's it for this week. Tune in again next week, when we'll be stepping away from the violence once more. Until next time!