Re: History of screen readers and speech synthesizers

This is so very interesting.
Thank you for all of this information. I just wanted to know what the history of screen reading software is, as well as the history of speech synthesizers. I saw a speech thing that was made in the late 1940's. Things have definitely improved since then when it comes to making speech, although admittedly even nowadays they still use some of the same principals they've used back in the 1980's. Like, instead of making actual words, they just combine sounds that simulate the same things, and the power of computers we've managed to make it sound as human as I think it's ever going to be.
Just my thoughts, what do you all think of this topic in particular?
Thanks.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mjonsson1986 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mjonsson1986 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Skybear via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mjonsson1986 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : manamon_player via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : vablus via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : star fire via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector