Re: Discussion of the 2020 American Federal Election

I'm not convinced that either side has it fully right or fully wrong, but what is getting at me right now is that the side that calls itself conservative and claims to have family values is being less than compassionate.  This is the turningpoint, as far as I'm concerned, because even when I've not fully agreed with the republican party I could always count on it at least peacefully coexisting with the democratic party and its people.  Since Trump, however, that kind of coexistence has become a moot expectation; it'll never happen unless the guys at the top really start acting their ages and not trying to relive their teen years as if they were the greatest thing that ever happened to them.
Trump is not worthy of being called a president.  He does not conduct himself professionally, and if I was told my children had the privillege of meeting him, because you know he's president, I'd turn it down in a heartbeat and with no regret.  I've never been able to say that about a president!  EVER!  But this guy?  This guy is simply a celebrity who's carrying out the same role that made him infamous and in the process, disgracing the oval office and the country he was voted into said office to serve.  That, is what I want from a president!  I want servitude!  I want a guy I know will respect the very people who stick up for him, even when he's not doing his job all the way!  If only I could say Trump deserves the kind of support he still has, but I can't!
Until he faces up to the facts as they are, he'll never be a president.  If he's racist, best to admit he's racist.  If he's afraid of losing the vote of the wealthy, it's best to admit that too!  If he's unhappy because people don't like him the way he is and he truly believes everyone should, perhaps it's time to examine himself in the mirror.  Instead, what does he do?  Why, make stupid claims about how even people who don't like him like him, because that kind of thinking makes a load of logical sense, of course.