Re: Discussion of the 2020 American Federal Election

Accman, this is actually why I don't wish Trump dead. It's not out of fear for myself.
Presumably he does have people who love him. Now, I could go into how those people should have found some way to rein him in, or distance themselves from him when he went off the rails. But they didn't, or couldn't, so here we are. Someone is going to be devastated when Donald Trump dies; it just isn't me.
Now, as far as making the argument of "what if it happened to  your own parents?". See, the problem here is that my parents aren't busy fucking over tens of millions of people and lying every day. My parents make mistakes and occasionally piss me off, sure. My mom is judgmental and shallow sometimes, and my dad has chronic money problems related to spending. But, uh, they don't deserve to die for that. My suspicion is that Enes's feelings, however strongly worded they are, were generated and in his mind perhaps justified by Trump's actions. I don't agree, and I, too, think it's a bit too far, but perhaps this level of anger may wake you up a little. Remember how furious I and a few others have gotten with you at different times when discussing things like Covid-19, because you were cavalierly risking the lives of other people and whatnot by not being willing to follow health regulations? Yeah, well those people could have been my loved ones (insanely unlikely given your geographical local, but it's clear that you weren't the way you were because of where you live). So part of why I got so angry with you is because you thought you had the moral authority to say "fuck the rules, I'm going to do what I want because I'm tired of leftists", and you might have indirectly been responsible for killing a member of someone else's family. I think you can agree that if that had happened, and been traced back with you as one of those links, people might have had extremely good reason to be upset with you? Well, now Enes is hoping that Trump will die horribly because of all the misery he  has authored. Again, we disagree on this, Enes and I, but perhaps now you can see where anger comes from. You're outraged that someone would wish death on someone, but it was something you were tacitly willing to admit, if not straight-up condone. Hold up that mirror a little bit, and have a think on it. Remember, we're actually in agreement on this, but unlike you, I'm not angry with Enes for expressing how he feels.