Re: Can anyone help with my laptop?

Hello,
It would help if @op if you gave us what your system is actually running for RAM? 90 percent on a 2 gig system for instance, quite natural!
hell, even in a 4 GIG you can regularly expect 70 or so.

Interestingly, and I'm sure @2 will be able to detail this more than I can for sure but, if you're waking the computer from sleep, and it immediately hits 90, is it possible your antivirus program is up to something?
As I understand it, there's huge overhead while antiviruses do scans, and while most of this is more noted in the processor, I'd assume they also hold a lot of data in the memory, too. By that logic I am wondering if your antivirus is doing a catch up full scan and never completing because you're shutting it down?

Also another thought is could it be a windows update service running in the background? Huge memory whores if unchecked.

Hope some of these ideas help!