Re: The Synthizer Thread

@275
OK, here's the link to download the wav file I was using. Sorry for the Dropbox transfer, but I wasn't sure how else to send it you.

Secondly, here's the code I'm using:

from time import sleep

from synthizer import (Buffer, BufferGenerator, Context, DirectSource,
                       initialized)

with initialized():
    c = Context()
    s = DirectSource(c)
    g = BufferGenerator(c)
    b = Buffer.from_stream('file', 'Control1.wav')
    s.add_generator(g)
    g.looping = True
    g.buffer = b
    v = 1.0

    def pb(diff):
        global v
        sleep(1.0)
        v += diff
        print('%.2f' % v)
        g.pitch_bend = v

    while v < 2.0:
        pb(0.05)
    while v > 0.1:
        pb(-0.05)
    while v < 1.0:
        pb(0.05)
    g.pitch_bend = 1.0
    sleep(1.0)

And finally, here's a recording of my results. I've let NVDA speak, so hopefully you can hear which values are causing problems.

I'm actually thinking it's less about the value I'm using, and more about the specific part of the file.

https://www.dropbox.com/t/iH9PqsGAkl1kVlVs

I'm reasonably sure you'll be able to under my speech - I slowed it down - but if you can't, just let me know and I can write out the values where the horrible noise happens haha.

This is the third file I've tried with this result BTW. It could absolutely be some problem with the file, but I've no idea what.

Please let me know if you need any more information from me.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Hijacker via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : mechaSkyGuardian via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : mechaSkyGuardian via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Turret via Audiogames-reflector