Re: JUnit accessible?

Yes, I use Eclipse for my job writing Java Spring Boot code, and I have definitely ran tests just fine. It took me a little bit to figure it out too.
Of course, like #2 said, you can just run your test in the command line using maven or gradle, but to use eclipse, see below.

First make sure your in the package explorer, you can get there by doing alt+shift+q and arrowing down to the package view or just pressing p. Then arrow down to your project and select your test that you would like to run. Do a right click/shift f10/application key, and press r, or down arrow to the run as submenu. Press right arrow and scroll down to run as j unit test.
Now, to se your test results, you need to get to the java j unit test view. So do alt+shift+q again, which pulls up a list of all of your quick views. For some reason, the j unit test view is not here for me, so you will need to choose the first option, "show views", which will open a dialog with all of the views, down arrow to java, expand it with the right arrow, then down arrow to j unit and press enter. this will ad j unit to your open views. to get back to the package view, you can press control+f7 and control+shift+f7 to toggle your views. The JUnit view is now open, so you can toggle through the views to jump back and fourth between JUnit and package, or whatever view you want. I am sure you know, but f12 will jump to the open editor too.

Hope this helps,

Timothy Breitenfeldt