Re: So i've just finished reading neverwhere and its amazing

As a bit of a warning, this post might just include a few spoilers.
As for me, Richard just seemed like a tag along weakling for the first part of the book. Came off as someone who had no idea what trouble he was getting into, nor how to deal with it. I say that the term lost would be the correct term for him at the beginning. Now Mr. Croup and Mr. Vandemar was creepy. It took me a bit to realize who their employer was. Let’s just say that when this being goes bad, they go real bad and might not be the brightest to let Door have the upper hand. Oops, did I give a few spoilers there? Now, the trader is not exactly who one may think, but when it becomes clear who they are, it is like a stab in the back. What I was not expecting was what happened to Richard. Let’s just say that I was not expecting the choice that he made at the end. If you enjoyed the book and looking for a bit more entertaining, here is a nasty thought. How much, if any, of this book took place in Richard’s head? I know that there was the key scene where he had to meet up with the monks and the scene at the end where he meets up with his office mates, and his friends at the bar. Here is a spoiler. People thought he took a vacation, or went crazy for a time per say. As for Door, she just really came off as someone that just was used to get things moving in the right direction or that is how it seemed at times. Beyond that, there just is not much there when it comes to Door as far as I can tell. Found it interesting that just a hint to what happened to Atlantice was given in just one scene in the book without anyone asking to many questions. Quick spoiler, Anasthasia is the one that was takened by the night right? Poor girl indeed, but she might not be dead. The key word there is might, and @stasp I can see why you would like Door. From my view, that is one character that can be filled out a bit more. She is likeable though.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : stasp via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : stasp via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : stasp via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : stasp via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : lemm via Audiogames-reflector