Why isn't talkback improved, or as good as voiceover

I dabble a little in coding but still don't fully understand why voiceover is so good, and talkback isn't as good. Anyone able to enlighten me? I would love to go android, but every time I test it with someone's phone, its just clanky. Phone companies often are able to copy or duplicate each other's inventions, from design, to features, so why not with accessability? Why isn't the voice of talkback as clean as voiceover, why can't it function in the same ways? Is it just coding, or they just aren't implamenting it? Is it impossible? Thanks for any info.