Re: creating status sounds in python

Libaudioverse currently has Sine.  I haven't added the others yet, but can do so in like half an hour: they are useless for testing purposes, so I didn't bother.  the code from the Sine wave works for all of them, I just ahve to point it at a table representing the other shapes.  More useful to your current problem, though, is that Libaudioverse can pitch bend files in the way just described.  You could create your audio progress bars by just looping and pitch bending a file, which gives much more interesting sounds.
I give no ETA on a release.  It will be ready when it's ready.  I'm not going to rush it: rushing leads to sub-par code.  I'm building a library for games, but also a  research platform: a lot of Libaudioverse's code is based around being able to add new effects easily.  Examples of such include Waveguide synthesis (it's sufficient to say that it makes string-like and piano-like sound s), various reverb algorithms that are good at different things, volumetric sources (giving a source a size instead of just a position), etc.  I'm getting very close to something I can show off, though YMMV on how good the examples make it look without tutorials.  It's traditional enough in terms of how audio libraries tend to work, but not traditional with how Audiogames.net teaches new blind game programmers BGT audio libraries aught to work.  But that's okay-in its current form, it's 10x more powerful than the standard solutions in this community and 2 or 3 times more powerful than what most sighted games use, and I'm only just beginning.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : frastlin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : CAE_Jones via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : CAE_Jones via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : CAE_Jones via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : camlorn via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : SoundMUD via Audiogames-reflector