smugglers 5 background stories first part released

Yep, this is for all smugglers fans.

the first part of the background stories dlc has just been released today from Niels bauer. If you didn't preorder you can find all the links on where to get it in the Db or just go to  http://www.nielsbauergames.com/smugglers5exp.html  for the dlc (and the Game invasion).

I do admit I was wondering exactly what it was, and the answer is it is very awsome!

The title of the dlc is "background stories" so what does this mean?
What it means is now as well as choosing a  faction, and a profession, you also have to choose a background story. You can choose none and play the classic option, but this first volume has added several more. Trying to get into the mysterious smugglers guild, trying to find the lost treasure of a legendary pirate called Solomon, or track down a particularly nasty pirate captain who murdered your fami ly and kidnapped your sister.

This basically adds new missions and encounters to the game involved with completing your story, effectively giving you an rpg like quest mechanic, in addition to trying to win the civil war or become   emperor.

The Bakcground stories dlc is in two parts, the first volume, entitled "the smugglers guild" works with both Invasion and Secession, the second (which is going to come out later), is for invasion  only.

I don't know  if any extra ships, equipment and so on were added as I've not started on these yet, but I'm looking forward  to finding out. I must admit when i ordered the dlc's  I was expecting something more like the  old s3 addon, ie, some more ships and equipment added to  the game, not effectively going full on rpg on us!

I'll let people know more as I try more of the pack, but I  say this makes the smugglers 5 set,  S ecession and Invasion  even more than the best in the series imho.