Re: Genux OS: My thoughts

Didn't  understand those  last few posts about installing packages and all that. I'm coming from almost no experience with command line or Linux, and almost no resources that I can find to actually learn how to work it. Not for lack of research, btw, it's just that the resources for how to do certain things with Linux are rather scarce imo.  I even tried searching for training on command line in particular, no dice.

I'd  still love to run Genux, though. It  seems like a well thought out OS. And thanks for that observation, Ironcross. Just because you bricked your computer doesn't mean I'll do the same, at least, that's my thought. It's a good thing I have a spare Panasonic Windows machine just in case I end up bricking it.

The  reason I'm thinking about running Genux  is because it seems to me like it's very well built, and I don't have to deal with that damned gnome desktop. Hopefully. I've run Ubuntu, Ubuntu Bugi, Ubuntu Mate, (which I thought was elegant except for the damned Gnome desktop), Sonar, (which is being revived), and Accessible coconut. Just to give you some context.  I'd love a tutorial on command line and how it actually works, I didn't grow up in a time when that was the main thing, so keep in mind I've actually got to learn it. Also, there are some great advantages with it such as it's much easier to install programs using command line on Linux rather than going through the GUI to do it.  Anyway,  enough rambling.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : vablus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : vablus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : stasp via Audiogames-reflector