problem of sound effects swamp

Hello everyone, I am writing because of a problem in reproducing swamp.
I have installed it in my mac book air a program "VmWare".
VmWare allows you to create virtual machines, I've created 2.
In the first virtual machine I loaded windows seven ultimate 64 bit and in the second I loaded windows xp pro sp3.
Unfortunately, the problem occurs in both virtual machines.
Swamp is playing, I can connect multiplayer and NVDA works perfectly.
Unfortunately, the sound effects are not played.
How can I fix the problem?

P.S.
I've 'successfully registered the files in the system folder
and I have also tried to select the sound card to use with swamp menu 'main game

thanks to everyone for the help

Luca