Re: could someone make me a visitor counter?

Honestly, I wouldn't use Php for this, but I also don't use Php for anything, because it's disgusting and I hate it.
I'd probably just use _javascript_ and send an HttpRequest to your server that says: "Yo, I gots a new visitor." and the server's like: "Ah ite, that's cool." And it updates the counter, and then sends back a packet with the amount of visitors.
Also, why does security matter? It's not like it does any harm if someone gets a hold of his visotrs file. The worst I could see them doing is grabbing it, writing a number that _javascript_ can't handle and putting it back, but I don't even know if you can do that or if _javascript_ will throw errors if you go over it's number limit, or just round it.
Also consider I know jack shit about security and all that.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : JayJay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : JayJay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Lucas1853 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : bhanuponguru via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Lucas1853 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : moaddye via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : moaddye via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : redfox via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : bhanuponguru via Audiogames-reflector