Re: IOS Development

Okay, well I tried gesture responder, well... actually I installed a wrapper called gesture handler which had much better docs and examples.
It gave me the fine grane control over taps and gestures, as well as the states. It seems that Voiceover is intercepting the activated state of any component, although the end, cancel states are not, and so you can execute  a callback on those states on direct touch, although it is very sensitive, Understandably so. Those events are not meant for what I want. I am not sure if there is a way around this issue since Voiceover is intercepting that activated state, and forcing its own double tap behavior upon the user to activate.
At #17, have you done this before using gesture responder? Do you have code you could share?
I am guessing that you just have to get into Voiceover and enable direct touch, which allows those activate states through immediately without interception. Which goes back to my previous post about perhaps needing to write a simple little Swift view to enable direct touch for, that I could use in react native and dump my own react components into.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Phoenix009 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Kyleman123 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : kaigoku via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : TJ . Breitenfeldt via Audiogames-reflector