Re: Revenge Of The Undead, a new zombie shooter

SO like, this has potential. The thing is, I see it going the same way as all the other games, you know why?  Because apparently Mohamed is working on it too. So what's the difference between Mohamed as the main dev and Tunmi as the co-dev or Tunmi as the main dev and Mohamed as the co-dev. It all comes down to the same thing really.

But let's put that aside for a minute, because maybe everyone doesn't feel the same way about them as I do. Within my first say 15 minutes of gameplay, I got disconnected countless times. There's a hell of a lot of lag, and the map is going in and out of safe mode. OK, again, let's put that aside, because games don't always have smooth launches. This holds especially true for online games.

The sound design is the very similar to other games. They're pulling from the same stuff and putting very minimal effort - if any - into the sound design. The jumping sounds like someone swinging a stick through the air. The pistol sounds pretty low quality, like some hollywood type thing. But here's the worst bit. The animals have normal footsteps. Now tell me, how does that work, exactly? Let's say that all the humans are of healthy body height / weight proportions. These animals could way more 1.5 to 4 times that of a human. Not only that, but they would be walking on four, not two legs. Also, animals don't have feet, they have paws or hooves. This drastically changes the way it would sound to have an animal walking up on you.

But what's worse than that, because honestly that might be tricky to pull off, and again, I can forgive it, is that the footsteps are so quiet, that you don't hear them with all the chatter going on. But again, not only that - and I feel like a broken record right about now - the growls are saturated in the stereo field, making them not suitable as aids to center to accurately target them.

All this goes to show that very little, if anything has been learned from Tunmi's past projects. And you know what, not knowing sound design or audio fundamentals isn't a crime; however, when making an audio game, it would be to his best interest to either learn it himself, or find someone who does sound design.

Yet again, we're stretching what BGT can do. Yet again, we're making games in a language that just can't cope. How many games need to die before people will realize that BGT just cannot do what's asked of it. But you know what, there have been BGT multiplayer games that don't lag this much, so it's not all on the language itself.

A part of me wants to be hopeful. A part of me sees the darkness all around, but sees the flicker of a light somewhere off in the distance. Maybe, in five years, Tunmi will grow out of this teenage funk where he thinks he already knows everything. Maybe then, he'll be able to present us with something. Maybe a miracle will happen and this won't die horribly. I can hope, right?

Until that time, just look at all the things I've set aside in this post. While one of these isn't enough to condemn this project by itself, all of it stacked up together sure isn't making things look promising.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : monkey999 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Meatbag via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dennybuster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aron Leppik via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aron Leppik via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Atlan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Remi via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dennybuster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : amir tajik via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dennybuster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : tunmi13 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : tunmi13 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Atlan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : tunmi13 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Vulcan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector